Dec 4, 2020

Nano Pogo Programing Fixture

 Up until recently I have had good luck with Nano clones that use the CH340 drivers. I guess my luck ran out when I ordered 10 of them from EBay for $2.10 each. Even choosing the "old bootloader" did not get them loading code consistently. I already had a Sparkfun Tiny Programmer for my ATtiny projects so I wired up a 2x3 Dupont cable to fit the ICSP pins on the Nano. This worked great.



The only Problem with this is I prefer to not have the 6 male pins sticking up on my projects. I decided to make a programing fixture using spring "Pogo" pins from Digikey to make the connection. 

The PCB routing was very simple. I put holes to pass the Nano DIP pins through and 4 holes to attach a 3D printed guide plate. Here is the bare board and the completed fixture.


Here is the board setup to program a Nano without the header pins.


Five boards and five 2x3 spring pins cost a total of $38 including shipping. Board files can be found on the project page.

I will not need 5 of these so if you would find something like this useful let me know and I can send you a board, 3D print and spring pin for free while they last.




1 comment: